Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The Cascade Effect...

So, as much as I'd like to believe that what I choose to eat and when/how much I choose to exercise ultimately affects only me and my weight/health... this is far from the truth.

In the past few weeks, as I've struggled with stress... my eating has gone downhill... just yesterday, as I was working away on final projects, etc... I ate soooo many brownie-bites that were available to me at work .. that I just felt so sick... made me tired and lose energy to do much else...

I turned down my brother when he asked if I wanted to work out... because I needed to study... so he ended up not working out either.  I have not had the time or energy to walk my dog, who needs the exercise for her own health and well-being... so she's suffered as well...

Furthermore, the decrease in health and energy does affect the quality of the work I produce.  And though my boss at work is rather understanding of the stress I'm under, there is no excuse when it comes to patient care and accountability...

I think this touches upon the idea of whether obesity is a moral issue... should we be accountable not only to ourselves, but to those around us? ... because ultimately, it seems our choices do affect not only those we love, but even people we don't even know...

Something I've been thinking about....

No comments:

Post a Comment