Topic: Describe a situation in which you found it challenging to achieve your goal.
The past two weeks have been rough. I have been very stressed about everything. My work load at the hospital has recently increased due to an influx of patients that I need to see, I've been putting in extra time with TAing and helping students, and my general lack of time as it is... On top of that, I've been in low place personally and emotionally... due to recent events in my personal life. All these things have contributed to my stress levels, and have made me fall off the 'good eating habits' wagon. I have been eating a great deal more food, have not been cutting my meals in half, been drinking more coffee, eating more junk food, snacking more.... I kept telling myself that I needed to get back on track.... that I'd start back on my diet 'tomorrow'... but as of yet have still failed to do so. I continue to exercise, thanks to having a consistent workout partner (my brother-in-law)... but on the eating side, I've done really poorly. I can't seem to snap out of the funk I'm in, and get motivated to eat better again. I keep wanting to seek comfort in foods and in eating...
I had done so well the first four to five weeks of this...I was pumped up, energized, not craving comfort foods, able to resist and control my cravings... but in the past two weeks, I've done so poorly. What I find challenging in achieving my goal is how to get that spark... that kick in the bottom... to get back on track. I can't seem to find the motivation. My other methods of stress relief (i.e. getting some R&R this weekend, music, dancing, exercising) don't seem to be cutting it. My mind and body keep going back to the comfort foods. I'm afraid to weigh myself... for fear that I've regressed and gained back a few pounds that I had lost....
No comments:
Post a Comment