Topic of the week: Describe someone who has been really supportive of you as you attempt this behavior change.
It is difficult to pinpoint just one person who has been really supportive of me as I attempt this weight loss/increase physical activity/eat better behavior change... I have to say that it is really my family that has been supportive of me in this behavior change. First of all, my older sister has been helping to cook healthier meals for lunch/dinner and waking up early in the morning to prepare some form of breakfast for me, even something as simple as boiling an egg for me... since I usually have to leave so early to commute to school that I don't have time for a proper breakfast in the morning. In fact, her healthier cooking is making everyone in the house eat healthier. Secondly, my brother-in-law and two of my other sisters have been taking the time to come and work out with me in the evenings. It's always more fun and bearable to workout with a buddy... especially through grueling P90X videos. I find that having someone there helps push me to not flake out, and makes the time pass by faster when I am working out. I would definitely have skipped more days of workout if it weren't for them. So, thank you guys for all the support and help!
My progress this week: It's been another difficult week, as to be expected. I have to resist the temptation to buy sugar-filled coffee or carb/starch filled food during stressful personal days and work days. Instead of doing P90X on Thursday, I went and tried two dance classes (hip hop) back to back... which didn't make me sweat and workout quite like P90X, but it was fun and the time passed by rather quickly. This is part of another personal goal of mine, which is to get back to some leisure activities I used to enjoy that I let fall by the wayside.... contemplating whether I should add this to my goal for the semester... since some of my peers and Dr. O seem to be setting multiple goals.... So anyhow, that was good. It was nice to mix things up. I have to say, though... Thank goodness I had already started working out... because I would not have been able to keep up in the dance class otherwise! Friday was a rough day on many levels... and my sisters and cousins wanted to go to Happy Hour that day to get drinks and relax (much needed for me)... but by the time I got home from work, I didn't have time to exercise... went straight to Happy hour, where I not only drank high-calorie drinks (I like my drinks sweet and sugary)... but also ate more than I had hoped... those chips and dip will really get you! Saturday I got back on track... my bro-in-law wanted to do two workouts... so we did "Arms and Shoulders" and "Yoga X". I also walked my dog. So, I got in a good bit of exercise... but also snacked on a little bit of junk food around the house... Today, Sunday, I have had so much homework to do that I've not been able to exercise yet. Hopefully I will do at least one P90X video later...
Well, I just weighed in at 1*1.6 lbs... which means I've lost 2.8 lbs since the start of this... and am pretty close to being on track of losing ~1 lb per week. I hope to get in the next weight bracket soon, hopefully within the next week... meaning the * will signify the next lower number... and to be honest I haven't been within that weight range since... maybe high school or undergrad. So, that would be quite the achievement for me. Yay!
No comments:
Post a Comment